Using DevOps principles, we can solve for specific security and compliance problems within software development. This panel will take a look at the various pieces required inside and outside of your Software Development Pipeline (CI/CD) in order to solve specifically for security concerns, resulting in a true DevSecOps environment. We will discuss how advancements in automation lead to increased visibility for security, including establishing chain-of-custody and positive control over systems, applications, and environments.
You will learn:
• Why continuous automation is better than frequent scanning for development pipelines
• How security’s role in the development lifecycle changes with DevSecOps, and what that means for security teams’ day to day operations
• How automation ensures security and compliance by eliminating the human error factor of manual processes
• How secured automation and access control policies can establish a chain-of-custody and integrity of our environments, allowing for a single source of truth
• How a digital transformation to become a “coded enterprise” has helped organizations increase operational efficiency while also reducing risk
Featured Presenter: Galen Emery, Lead Compliance and Security Architect, Chef Software
Galen Emery is a CISSP Certified Security Professional focusing on Audit, System Hardening and Security’s role in DevSecOps pipelines and teams. He has extensive background in building hardened systems and implementing efficient & secure development methodologies to ensure delivery of a continuous and evolving security posture. At Chef, Galen works as the Lead Compliance and Security Architect helping organizations across the globe achieve secure and compliant infrastructure by design.
Register now to save your seat!