San Jose CA
The O’Reilly Velocity Conference is the best place on the planet for web ops and systems engineering professionals like you to learn from your peers, exchange ideas with experts, and share best practices and lessons learned for handling modern systems and applications.
Join Ian Henry, Technical Community Advocate and Nathen Harvey, VP of Community Development for an in-person Habitat training session on June 11th from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Habitat is a simple, flexible way to build, deploy, and manage applications of any flavor in any operational environment, from bare metal to containers. It provides consistent, repeatable, auditable applications that lower operational complexity and simplify development workflows. Ian Henry and Nathen Harvey will walk you through using Habitat to build and deploy applications.
The on June 12th from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm listen to Nathan Harvey talk about how to easily integrate automated tests that check for adherence to policy into any stage of your deployment pipeline, using InSpec—an open source testing framework for infrastructure—for compliance and Chef—an open source framework for infrastructure automation—for remediation. You’ll gain an introduction to the practice of continuous compliance and remediation.
- Running InSpec locally on a machine
- Running InSpec on a remote machine
- Using InSpec in the Chef cookbook development process for integration testing
- Executing an InSpec test on a local machine
- Executing an InSpec test on a remote machine
- Generating an InSpec profile
- Adding InSpec-based integration test to a Chef cookbook
- Running InSpec-based integrations tests during Chef cookbook development